Monday, October 04, 2004

Night flying tmrw! I'm not doing it, so it means i go work late, and go back to bunk early!!! haha anyway, been thinking of wat car to buy.

1. Mazda RX-8 - $130k++ if i took a 120k loan, i'll have to pay $1200 a month. Half my future pay, can afford it, but it will oso mean i can't go anywhere cos i'll have no more money to spend. But things will be different if i could get my dad to sponsor (i have never wanted my dad to fork in for my car, so this is jus a passing thought). He did tell me before that he'll only help me if i get a normal car like corolla and sunny. I told him its ok, i'll save my own money. But if i really want this car, i'll probably tell him this car is not a sports car, cos there are 4 doors, its only a 1.3 so how fast can it be right? ahha maybe it'll trick him to paying maybe.. $60k for me? but it'll mean i'm going against what i REALLY in the first place, which is not to live off my parents anymore.

2. Hyundai Tuscani 2.7fx- $88k If i buy this car, i don't have to take any money from my dad, and i'll be able to afford the $80k loan i intend to take.. $1000/m and i'll have enough money to pay for my personal espenses. But i'll bleed to death paying for the road tax, insurance and petrol since its a 2.7 l car..

3. Hyundai Tuscani 2.0 - $84k 4000 difference between the 2.0 and 2.7. At first glance, it seems like its more worth gettin the 2.7, but truth is i don't have to worry about insurance, road tax and petrol cos its more affordable paying for a 2.0.

4. Mercedes C200 (coursemate's) - <$50k 2nd hand. Looks like a good deal. affordable, installments only come up to $700 month, the fuel consumption though high will be offloaded by the low monthly installments. But it had some problems when i was in Singapore, but its been fixed.. 5 year old car, alot of problems coming up soon i guess, and its an Auto. I wan a manual....

5. 2nd hand of mazda or hyundai- minus $10k at least from the original price. Good choice. But i still want a manual no matter wat.

6. Get posted to France, get a peugeot there, and come back Singapore with more money to get the RX-8 MYSELF!

No comments: